Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting Ready For DisneyLand!

We were able to go on an extended family vacation to Disneyland this fall.  To get ready I thought it would be fun to have matching shirts for my kiddos.  I had so much fun making them, and I have to admit with 21 little kids 11 years old and younger in a group, it was nice to have all my kids in the same color...I could easily pick them out and do head count checks.  My kids loved their new shirts and that made it so we didn't even have to buy an expensive Disney shirt while we were there...bonus!

 For the girls.

 For my boy.

The Thing shirts were a big hit.  Not only are they bright and easy to head count check with, but I was shocked to see how many other vacationers would start to count and see if they could count all the things.  So funny how many comments we received on these ones.

The boy shirts and the thing shirts were made with iron-on printable vinyl.  I just found the graphics, printed them on my ink-jet printer and used my machine to cut around the design, and then iron-on.

The girls shirts, I cut the Mickey Mouse silhouette out of fabric with my machine and used wonder under to apply it to the shirts and then I stiched around the edges.  The stripes and bow are just ribbon sewed onto the shirt.  The black shirts are made with iron on rhinestones...they turned out amazing and what girl doesn't like a little sparkle?

No comments:

Post a Comment