Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reclaim My Garage

Wow, we sure do have a lot of stuff.  We are a very active family and have a wide variety of sporting and camping equipment.  It was overflowing the garage.  I finally decided to reclaim my garage.  I ordered some stadium lockers (one for each us) to store all our sporting equipment in (I'm still waiting for those to arrive).  All the camping gear got relocated to the shed.  But my favorite part so far has been the painting and vinylizing. 

Since I'm putting lockers in and storing sporting equipment I naturally thought of a locker room, so I decided to use some of my Alma Mater vinyl to decorate the garage. 

We painted the garage white, gray and on the beams a navy blue.  Then I cut out some Utah State vinyl and attached it to the wall.  It really does make a difference to have the garage painted.  It looks much bigger, lighter and way more finished! 



I am excited to get the lockers here so I can have a finished project (and I'm sure my husband would love to be able to park his truck in the garage again too!)

Update:  The lockers are amazing!  We each have our own locker.  We fill it will all our own sporting equipment/life jackets/helmets, etc.  On the top of each one is a laundry basket full of winter coats/snow pants/ski boots, etc.  It was one of the best purchases ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment